Here is the clip's translation:
"Four historic events happened during my presidency:
- It was the first time we had organized armed groups in the country wreaking havoc. It took us two years to resolve that problem.
- As soon as we resolved that problem, food and gasoline prices started increasing causing riots which overthrew the prime minister. It was the first time a Prime Minister received a vote of no-confidence from parliament. It took us six months to install another prime minister.
- As soon as we inaugurated the new Prime Minister, four hurricanes hit the country at once, for the first time in its history.
- Now we have the earthquake.
Nevertheless here is our legacy:
- Prior to 2004, the GDP was decreasing/negative. Froom 2004 to 2006, the GDP became positive.
- Despite all national and international problems, we experienced growth of 3.4% last year. I believe that will be my legacy, especially since prior to 2006, we had had 5 years of GDP decrease.
- We have increased the production of food in the country by 25% despite the hurricane and all our other problems.
- Roads were built and we are continuing to do so. That will be an important part of my legacy as well.
- And we hope to organize elections although not immediately so as to continue ensuring stability in the country."
Post a Comment