- Lusosphere: Reporting Carnival, Jose Murilo Junior's roundup at Global Voices of what local bloggers are saying about carnival in Brazil.
- Pictures of Miss Carnaval 2007 and more by Amandine.
- Walking, dancing Mother Natures by Photoblog de la Guyane.
- Carnaval Beignet recipe (FR).
- Just in case you haven't been reading this blog in the past couple of days: the whole enchilada.
Technorati Tags: brazil, carnaval
I've spent two carnavals in Haiti (four if you count Port-au-Prince and Jacmel separately) and two in Rio de Janeiro and, wrapping up a reporting stint in India as I am doing now, I think that is a bacchanal this part of the world could definitely use!
I hear Goa is very reminiscent of the Americas and Iam assuming Brazil because of the Portuguese influence. Do they have a carnival?
Carnaval is long gone in Haiti and elsewhere. But I thought it would be nice to take a quick peek on how folks celebrate it outside of Port-au-Prince. Below is the link to a picture of the carnaval celebration in Ouanaminthe (my father's home town and where my brother lives now). Ounaminthe is in the département du nord d'est (North Eastern part of Haiti) and right at the border with the Dominican Republic.
URL to picture:
This is invaluable.
I'll probably give it its own post asctually.
Post a Comment