Call this the late edition. This is very very late. But better late than never. Blogday was August 31. An important day when bloggers celebrated their existence and highlighted the work of other bloggers dear to them. I was obviously "out to lunch" or out partying somewhere, enjoying time off from my day job.
In this great post on the topic, Rebecca McKinnon, co-founder of Global Voices, asked bloggers the world over to answer several questions on their blogs so that the community of bloggers could be better understood. She also explained the significance of BlogDay: bloggers' free speech and filling of gaping holes in mainstream media.
Here is my list of belated answers to some of the questions she asked of bloggers. Ive decided to do that instead of the 5 blog picks the rest of the world is doing so as not to piss off any of the french-speaking bloggers I cover for GV, all of whom are superstars in my opinion.
If you are a blogger, it is not too late for you to partake too, BTW. Rebecca just asks that you leave a link or trackback in her initial post's comments section .
- Why did you start blogging?
- What do you blog about mainly?
- Do you blog in your first language or in another language, and why?
- When you blog, how would you describe what you write? Is it part of a conversation? Is it ranting? Is it a daily diary? Is it journalism? Is it some or all of these things at different times? Does the definition matter?
- Have blogs started to have an impact on politics in your country? Have they started to influence what stories get covered in your country’s media? We’d love to know some examples.
It is worth noting that on BlogDay, Le Blog de [Moi] named me as one of her 5 picks for the day, finding me to be gay-friendly and well written. If you can't read French, here is a translation:
Wanna know what's going on in the francophone or anglophone Caribbean via local bloggers? Just click! All live from Brooklyn.Thanks [Moi]! You have a hell of a blog too and it's always a pleasure to read you. Click here for translations of [Moi]'s often hilarious, always biting posts that I made for GV.
BlogDay 2006 - blog de [moi]
Have a comment? Please post it by clicking Comments below.
To send this post to a friend, click on the envelope icon below.